2008年10月11日 星期六

評析_The Devil Wears Prada

中文書名: 穿著PRADA的惡魔
英文書名: The Devil Wears Prada
作 者: Lauren Weisberger
Publisher: Doubleday
譯 者: 王欣欣
出 版 商: 英屬維京群島商高寶國際有限公司台灣分公司 / 2004年出版


【評析】

<中> P.23 【強調語氣:大寫字體及斜體字】
「她,真,是,個,賤,人! 我再也不要跟她和下去了。沒人能受得了她,我說真的,沒人受得了!」

「她不折不扣是個賤人」

<英> P.14
“She. Is. Such. A. Bitch! I cannot deal with her anymore. Who does that? I mean, really-WHO DOES THAT?”

“Total bitch.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<中> P. 27 【翻錯:信紙 => 文具】
「身為米蘭達的初級助理,你要時時揣摩她的需求,把事情都辦好。這些事包含的範圍很廣,從幫她訂喜歡的信紙,到陪她逛街買東西,什麼事都有可能,不過不管什麼事,總之都是很有意思的。」

<英> P. 17
“…As Miranda’s junior assistant, you’d be solely responsible for anticipating her needs and accommodating them. Now, that could be anything from ordering her favorite stationery to accompanying her on a shopping trip. Either way, it’s always fun.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<中> P. 35 【翻錯】
「喂?」看看鐘,早上七點十五分,誰這麼早打電話來吵人?
……
「居然有人早上七點半就打電話來吵我」

<英> P. 25
“Hello?” I mumbled, glancing at the clock and seeing that it was 7:15 A.M. Who the hell would call at such an hour?
……
“… I’m awakened by… And she’s looking for you. At seven-fifteen in the freakin’ morning.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<中> P. 38 【Good Translation】
「…有了Runway的經歷、米蘭達的推薦信,加上妳將來累積的作品,天哪!妳會無往不利的。到時候要進『紐約客』不費吹灰之力。」

<英> P. 28
“… But with Runway on your resume and a letter from this Miranda woman, and maybe even a few clips by the time you’re done, hell, you can do anything. The New Yorker will be beating down your door.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<中> P. 39 【“不顧實際的社會改良家”-- A bit strange,難翻】
「我很想,可是明天晚上有年輕老師的聚會,已經約好了,而且這對我們的團隊工作有幫助,我不能不去。」

「那就去吧!不顧實際的社會改良家!去做你的好事吧。」

<英> P. 29
“Sounds tempting. You know I would, but I organized some of the younger teachers to get together tomorrow night for happy hour. Thought it might help us all work as a team. I really can’t miss it.”

“Goddamn do-gooder. Always doing good, spreading good cheer wherever you go.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<中> P. 40
【句子冗長 => 我剛在一家超有名的雜誌社找到工作,可以和這一行中最有權勢的女人共事】

「…我剛剛在一家超有名的雜誌找到了一份可以和這一行中最有權勢的女人共事的工作,成千上萬的女孩都想做這份工作想得要命喔!」

<英> P. 30
“I did just get a job at a really famous magazine with one of the most powerful women in the industry. A job a million girls would die for.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<中> P. 54 【Redundant】
「是的,當然。那是自然。」

<英> P. 44
“Yes, of course. Naturally.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<中> P. 66 【Good Translation】
「妳很漂亮,就是太壯了點,而且沒有穿對衣服。」

<英> P. 55
“YOU’RE PRETTY, BUT TOO WHOLESOME, AND THE OUTFIT DOES NOTHING FOR YOU!”
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<中> P. 66 【與中文表達方式不合 => 髮質也不錯】
「… 妳本質不錯,腿好看,頭髮也好,而且又不胖。 只要不胖我就有辦法。…」

<英> P. 55
“… YOU’RE GOOD RAW MATERIAL. NICE LEGS, GREAT HAIR, AND NOT FAT. I CAN WORK WITH NOT FAT….”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<中> P. 89 【與中文表達方式不合 => 就好像大家都受到嚴重的藥物控制著一樣】
「…就好像…就好像大家都認真吃藥似的。我不知道…」

<英> P. 77
“… Almost like they’re all on serious prescription drugs. I don’t know…”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<中> P. 104 【Good Translation】
「又為米蘭達傷腦筋?」

<英> P. 90
“Having a Miranda moment?”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<中> P. 106 【Good Translation】
「…我真的好想好想留下來,可是我非先去處理這件事不可,…」

<英> P. 92
“… There’s nothing I’d rather do than stay here, but she’s got me on a pretty short leash right now…”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<中> P. 120 【中文“太太”前面通常冠的是夫姓】
「哈囉,普瑞斯特利太太。」

<英> P. 106
“Hello, Ms. Priestly,”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<中> P. 121 【翻錯 + 漏翻】 => 千萬別跟她說話除非她主動開口
「要是我們有話非用說的不可,就說悄悄話。除此之外,禁止交談。還有,絕對不能叫她普瑞斯特利太太,要叫米蘭達,懂嗎?」

<英> P. 106 (email dialogue)
“If you and I have to talk, we whisper. Otherwise, no talking. And don’t EVER speak to her unless she speaks to you. And do not EVER call her Ms. Priestly – it’s Miranda. Got it?”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<中> P. 123 【與中文表達方式不合 => 色彩大師】
「這位是色彩導師馬歇爾,…」

<英> P. 109
“Marshall Madden, color guru, …”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<中> P. 133 【翻錯 => 他 “暗示”】
「沒,至少是還沒。不過他說我應該去找他做。」

<英> P. 117
“No, I’m afraid not. At least not yet, although he wasn’t all that subtle in telling me that I probably should be.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<中> P. 139
【翻錯 => 衣櫥裡有太多東西了,呃,有時若你需要借些什麼的話,不會有人發現的啦!】
「… 我知道這些東西很貴,但不是沒有變通的辦法。 我從『衣櫥』『借』過不知道多少東西,根本不會有人發現。」

<英> P. 123
“… Now, I know this stuff gets expensive, but there’s ways around that. I’ve got so much stuff in the Closet that no one will notice if your need to, uh, borrow some of it sometimes.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<中> P. 143 【翻錯 => 星期四】
他在身後喊:「我上星期二就來了。」

<英> P. 127
… he called after me as I headed toward the elevator bank. “I’ve been here since last Thursday morning.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<中> P. 143 【整段漏翻】 =>呈現女主角與門房間的互動情形和良好關係,不宜全部省略。
<英> P. 128
I pushed against the turnstile, praying that this Monday would be the exception, that he’d let me pass without a performance. Negative.
“Yo, tell me what you want, what you really, really want,” he sang with his huge, toothy smile and Spanish accent. And all the pleasure of making the cabbie happy and finding out that I had arrived ahead of Miranda vanished. I was left, as I as every morning, wanting to reach across the security counter and tear the flesh from Eduardo’s face. But since I was such a good sport and he was one of my only friends in the place, I weakly acquiesced. “I’ll tell you what I want, what I really, really want, I wanna - I wanna - I wanna - I wanna- I really, really , really wanna zigga aiz aaaaaahhhh,” I sand meekly in a pitiful tribute to the Spice girls’ nineties hit. And once again, Eduardo grinned and buzzed me through.


<中> P. 117 【整段漏翻】
<英> P. 102 ~ 103
“Some boys kiss me, some boys hug me, I think they’re okay-ay,” Eduardo, the round and slightly sweaty security guard, began singing in a high-pitched voice from behind the security desk. ……

The day before was “I’m Too Sexy.” As he sang, “I’m too sexy for Milan, too sexy for Milan, New York and Japan,” I had to walk down the lobby’s imaginary runway. ……

“If they don’t give me proper credit, I just walk away-ay,” I muttered, allowing the words to stretch and fade, just like Madonna.
He raised his eyebrows. “Where’s the enthusiasm, girlfriend?”
I thought I’d do something violent if I heard his voice again, so I dropped my bag of papers on the counter, threw both arms up in the air and thrust my hips to the left, while pursing my lips into a dramatic pout. “A material! A material! A material! A material… WORLD!” I all but screamed, and he cackled and clapped and whoosh! He buzzed me through.

Mental note: Discuss with Eduardo when and where it is appropriate to make a complete ass of me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<中> P. 161 【聽說你的工作很不錯耶! 能跟那麼有才華的人一起做事,你真是幸運!】
「… 妳聽起來工作很忙呀? 不過幫那麼有才華的人工作一定很有趣,妳真幸運耶!」

<英> P. 145
“… it sounds like you have quite some job there! How interesting it must be, working for such a talented woman. You’re a lucky girl, indeed.”
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<中> P. 162 【與中文表達方式不合 => 一點都“沒”錯】
「一點都不錯,親愛的,…」

<英> P. 145
“You can say that again, dear!…”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<中> P. 163 【漏翻+語意不清】
我大笑起來:「是怎樣?你覺得我朋友是妓女嗎?她只是比較開放而已。她現在有沒有對象?你開什麼玩笑?!昨晚粉紅襯衫難才在她那過夜耶!但我不知道那男的名字。」
我大笑起來:「她最近跟一個粉紅襯衫男生在一起,真名我不知道,不過他昨晚在她那裡過夜。」

<英> P.146
I laughed. “Go on, say it. Do you think my friend is a whore? She’s just free-spirited, is all. And is she seeing someone? What kind of question is that? Someone named Pink-Shirt Boy stayed over there last night. I don’t think I know his real name.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<中> P. 169 【強調語氣:大寫字體】
「…愛蜜麗,我,現,在,就,要,吃,飯!…」

<英> P. 152
“… Emily. I. Want. My. Lunch. Now!”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<中> P. 179 【翻錯:她這幾個星期】
「她這星期在學校一定很不好過。」

<英> P. 161
“I’m sure she’s just had a rough couple of weeks in school,”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<中> P. 180 【你難道不能留下來過夜嗎?】
「你連留晚一點都不行嗎?」

<英> P. 161
“So, you won’t even stay over tonight?” I asked hopefully.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<中> P. 110 【翻錯 => 一月三日】
那是一個陰冷的日子,十一月三日,上午十點多,我在辦公室,心情很好。

<英> P. 97
It was a little after ten on a cold and gray January 3, and I was actually happy to be at work.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<中> P. 115 【翻錯 => 三秒鐘】
我只用了三分鐘衝過走廊,經過時尚組,,聽見大家驚慌失措叫著:「…」

<英> P. 100
It took me only three seconds to wind through the hallways and pass through the fashion department, but I already heard panicked cried of “Emily said she’s on her way in” and “Miranda’s coming!”

沒有留言: